Saturday, March 22, 2008

Politics and MY money

So, a few minutes ago I donated money to the Obama campaign.

Including today, I have only donated to a political campaign on three occasions.

The first was years ago to Don Nichols for US Senate. The guy was a tool as I later learned but I really wanted one of his t-shirts for some reason. It is in a box at the back of a closet here somewhere I think.

The second time was to a friend of mine, Joe Dorman, when he was running for a seat in the OK State House of Representatives. I went to college with the guy and we were room mates for awhile. He's not a tool. I also did not get a t-shirt. I suddenly find this fact interesting...

The third time was a 25 dollar donation to the Obama for President campaign.

Why did I do it?

Of the three candidates - Obama, Clinton, and McCain - who are still contenders I believe Obama offers this country the best hope of actually moving in a new direction.

Anyway, this isn't meant to get all preachy. I just felt like making a statement.

No comments: