Saturday, April 26, 2008

Personal Space

In a different age I would be living alone at the top of a mountain inside of a cave. You see, it turns out that I don't really like people.

Don't get me wrong. I have lots of people of whom I am fond. But regardless of how much I like or even love these people, I do not want to be trapped in a confined space with them for extended periods of time.

Case in point: I currently have a House Guest (HG). HG is a great guy - friendly, funny, and generous. He's an internet friend who became a meat world friend and I'm really glad I know him. Having said that? HG gets on my last good nerve. He talks incessantly, and will interrupt you when you are in mid-sentence as if he hasn't even noticed you were talking. HG is driving me absolutely mental.

I hold up HG as an example. Not because he is the worst house guest one could possible have (He's not) but because he's typical of all my house guests. Whether they be friends or family, everyone I spend extended time with will eventually make me want to punch a wall. Basically, the problem is not my guests. The problem is me.

I'll probably get around to expanding on why this might be and what this might mean. Right now, I'm just sleepy. I'm going to turn out the light and go to sleep...

No comments: